This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Ramblers Way. All opinions are 100% mine.
When you think of wool clothing, do you think of words like thick, itchy, and hot? I am picturing some particular wool sweaters that I wore as a teen and those are the exact words I would use. I might not be as sensitive to fabrics as my highly sensitive middle child, but I definitely like things soft. Scratchy fabrics (or tags!) drive me crazy. Heavy sweaters or coats make me feel claustrophobic. I don’t know if it stems from my upbringing in sunny California, but I prefer long sleeves and no coat when the weather gets colder. Now that I live on the East Coast, that’s not always the smartest Winter-time move.
Today I had the opportunity to browse through the products at Ramblers Way Farm. Ramblers Way Farm is a family business creating soft, comfortable next-to-skin worsted wool apparel entirely in the US. They grow Rambouillet wool on their own sheep farms in Maine and on ranches in Colorado, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, and Utah. They had the state-of-the-art Merrow Machine Company custom build sewing machines to meet their demand for a smooth, invisible, chafe-less seam. Ramblers Way challenged me to pretend that I had $200 to spend at their site. What would I buy on my shopping spree?
I wear undershirts with almost everything, so I would love their short sleeve scoop neck and cami. I would also love their long sleeve henley for the colder months (maybe I could finally get out of wearing a big Winter coat….ya’ think?) Ramblers Way shirts certainly don’t LOOK heavy, itchy, or hot…do they?
Here’s a bit of information on Ramblers Way Wool:
* Superfine American Rambouillet 18.5 micron wool, for superior next-to-skin softness and comfort
* Versatile indoor-outdoor garment, perfect for all occasions and activities!
* Breathable fabric warms and cools effectively to maintain optimal personal comfort. Wear it throughout the year, in warm and cold weather.
* Natural blonde color reflects the authentic, unspoiled color of our superfine wool
* Repels moisture and odors through natural wool fiber. Go days without washing, dries quickly, and stay warm even when wet
* Machine-washable and dryable, through a natural enzyme, to resist shrinkage and keep its shape
* Chemical-free, includes no harsh treatments, bleaches, chemicals, or dyes. Won’t irritate skin.
* Sustainably farmed and produced in America, with low environmental impact, humane treatment of livestock, and to benefit American farmers and workers.
I just want to know…HOW do they do it? Everything looks so soft and light!
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.