This recipe for Nutella-Cheesecake Crescent Rolls is sponsored by Pillsbury but all thoughts, opinions and photos are my own. #ItsBakingSeason
I love the holidays.
When I was growing up, holidays meant time with my extended family and some of the best foods ever. My mom, grandma, and all of my aunts would make their most delicious dishes and we would enjoy an amazing feast, regardless of which holiday we were celebrating.
The holidays changed quite a bit for me once I got married and moved across the country from the rest of my family. I still love the foods of the holidays, of course. But now it’s just a bigger challenge because all of the cooking and baking responsibility are on my shoulders.
I don’t want to skimp on all of my favorite holiday dishes, but I’m always on the look-out for recipes that make my holiday cooking easier and less time-intensive. Because time with family and celebrating the holidays together is important, I don’t want to spend the entire holiday by myself in the kitchen!
I love cooking, but I like spending time with the family even more, and nobody has time to be slaving away alone in the kitchen, especially when they’re supposed to be enjoying the holidays with family and friends. I’m guessing I’m not the only one that feels this way.
I have found a new family-favorite recipe that is a perfect addition to the holiday menu. It’s delicious and meets my picky holiday-worthy standards. And it’s fast and easy, which meets my holiday craziness needs!
When I told my kids and husband what I was making the other day, they just about died. They couldn’t wait for the crescent rolls to be done (and for me to take pictures). Once they were all done, you wouldn’t believe how quickly 16 Nutella and cheesecake-filled crescent rolls disappeared. No one could eat just one!
Here’s how to make these simple but delicious Nutella cheesecake crescent rolls:
- Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls Twin Pack (two 8-oz containers)
- ½ cup Nutella
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten and divided
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 4 oz cream cheese, softened, with ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 Tablespoon egg, beaten. Set aside.
- Separate crescent rolls into 16 triangles. Spread a heaping teaspoon of nutella and a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture onto the wide end of each crescent roll wedge.
- Roll each wedge starting from the wide end, tucking pointed end underneath.
- Repeat until all crescent rolls are filled and rolled. Place on a baking sheet, 1-2 inches apart. Note: you’ll probably need to separate the crescent rolls between two baking sheets.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of water with the remaining beaten egg. Brush egg mixture over the top of each crescent roll. Sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 375 F for 12 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Serve warm or cold - these Nutella-Cheesecake filled crescent rolls are delicious both ways!
What are your favorite time-saving recipes for holiday cooking? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comment section below!
Be sure to visit the Pillsbury Baking page and check out the delicious holiday-friendly recipes you can make with Pillsbury!
You’re welcome to pin this recipe for later! Let me know if you try these!
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.