I have gotten addicted to pudding cups…so when I needed to come up with an idea for a patriotic recipe or craft, I immediately thought about a red, white and blue pudding cup with berries. I loved how they turned out! My husband and I ate them all…we couldn’t get enough of them!
The best thing about these pudding (and jello!) cups is that they’re so easy to make. Ok…maybe the best thing about them is that they taste delicious. Or that they look so cool.
I’ll let you decide.
Red, White and Blue Patriotic Pudding
- 1 small box berry blue jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups Cool Whip or whipped cream
- 1 small box vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- Whipped cream
- Strawberries, diced
- Mix packet of blue jello with 1 cups boiling water til jello is dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Fold in 2 cups whipped cream or Cool Whip (I've had better luck using Cool Whip in jello...it seems to mix better).
- Pour jello mixture into small about small clear cups, dividing equally between cups (how many you are able to make will depend on the size of your cups).
- Place cups in fridge for at least 20 minutes or until mostly solidified.
- Meanwhile, mix vanilla pudding with cold milk (following package directions).
- Add a layer of blueberries over the jello and then pour pudding on top, dividing equally among cups.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Add a layer of diced or sliced strawberries.
- Garnish with something patriotic, like a small flag, if desired.
For more July 4th & Patriotic ideas, check out a few posts from my favorite bloggers:
- Patriotic Mini Berry Tarts by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Patriotic DIY Candy Dish by A Mom’s Take
- How to Host a 4th of July Parade by Mom on the Side
- Perfect Southern Sweet Tea by Greta’s Day
- Patriotic String Art Craft by This Mama Loves
- DIY Beaded Flag Charm Craft for Kids by Cait’s Beauty Blog
- Patriotic Red, White and Blue Mason Jar Planters by Home and Garden Cafe
- Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes by Our Family World
- Crockpot Bean Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Treats for your 4th of July Cookout by Momma D Jane
- Greek Pasta Salad, a simple summer side by About a Mom
- Beet and Blueberry Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mom Does it All
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.