When you’ve got 2 kids in karate, 3 kids taking piano, 2 boys in scouts, 3 girls in youth group, one kid in drama, one with a job, one in track (you get the picture) …you need lots and lots of quick dinner ideas. I’ve been more creative this year than ever before, and I’m loving it. Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated to be good. And it doesn’t have to take long to prepare to be tasty, either.
So many of the 15 Minute Suppers that I’ve made in the last 6 months (yes, I’ve been doing a weekly #15MinuteSuppers recipe for over half a year!) can be paired with a quick raw veggie or a green salad (salads don’t have to be complicated, either!). I am loving the quick meal revolution that has been happening in my family.
This week, I made a dinner that was quickly coined “classy pizza” (by a certain teen who is not overly fond of pizza) after the second bite. This particular teen was so fond of these pizza paninis that she has actually asked for them again.
Like most nights, I was rushed and tried to take some quick shots before having to rush out the door again…and the lighting was NOT cooperating. I love cooking, but I cook for my family, not for the camera…and this time around the family won. Hopefully you can still tell how easy and delicious these paninis are, despite the pictures.
- Sliced Italian or French bread
- Spaghetti or marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni slices
- Butter or margarine
- Heat panini press.
- Spread outside of each slice of bread with butter or margarine. Place butter-side-down on plate or cutting board.
- Spread the inside of each slice of bread with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Generously sprinkle ONE side of bread with cheese and then place pepperoni on top. Sprinkle additional cheese over the pepperoni so that the top bread sticks. Top with second slice of bread.
- Place sandwich on panini press, close, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Slice sandwich in half and serve! Dip in additional spaghetti sauce, if desired.
These pepperoni pizza paninis have so much going for them – Quick to prepare, kid-friendly, easy to eat on-the-run, and yummy! We’ll be making them again!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Chicken a la King from Liz on Call
- Pepperoni Pizza Panini from Better in Bulk
- Grilled Cumin Lime Chicken from Around My Family Table
- Chicken Tortilla Soup from Our Healthy Life Journey
- Greek Lemon Chicken Nachos with Chickpeas from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.