Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Pork.
It’s back-to-school season, and that also means that we’re getting back to sports, back to homework, and back to eating our normal family dinner together every night. Schedules go out the window during the summer…except for swim team. That’s a super-tight schedule, but it means a ton of dinners eaten on the go or at the pool.
I look forward to back-to-school season with great excitement, and not just because we are all (kids included) happier when the kids are in school and the family is on a schedule. I love getting back to normal dinners eaten around the kitchen table.
This past week I was feeling adventurous and tried something totally new for dinner. I love cooking Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork for dinner, but I’m typically pretty boring when it comes to my pork tenderloin meals: roasted pork with a side of potatoes is an easy, no-brainer meal that I know the family will love. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is Real Flavor, Real Fast, and I love that I can always count on Food Lion to have a good selection of flavors and cuts (Tenderloin, Loin Filet, and Sirloin) to grab for our family dinners.
This week, I had a new idea…and I wasn’t sure that it would work until I took my first bite.
And oh-my-goodness, it worked!
I can’t wait to make this easy weeknight meal again and again.
Pork Tacos with Fresh Pico de Gallo
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet
- Small flour tortillas
- Cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toppings: chopped green onion, sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired
Fresh pico de gallo:
Mix together in a small bowl:
- 3-4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced (white onions work best, but I’ve also used red onion)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of pepper
- Cut pork loin filet into cubes. Sauté in a hot skillet until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve pork in a warmed tortilla on top of rice. Top with fresh pico de gallo, sour cream, and cheese. Sprinkle with extra cilantro and green onions.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is an easy meal solution for any night of the week, even those busy nights with homework and sports practice. I love that I can use pork for any occasions, not just special ones. These tacos are ready in well under 30 minutes, so you don’t have to worry about spending all evening in the kitchen because it comes marinated! My husband commented on how fresh and tasty these tacos were – Smithfield really is #RealFlavorRealFast!
Pick up some Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork at Food Lion, and then find more delicious, family-friendly recipes here.
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.