Many thanks to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for sending me a review copy of Spider-Man: Far From Home to add to our own home entertainment collection. All thoughts about the movie and bonus features are my own. Amazon affiliate links are used to link to the product should you be interested in getting a copy to add to your collection, too.
It’s not very often that I see a movie in the theater more than one time. But I enjoyed Spider-Man: Far From Home so much that I saw it not once, not twice, but FOUR times in the theater. And amazingly, I was still just as excited to see it again when it came out on DVD, Blu-ray and Ultra HD this week.
If you haven’t gotten your copy yet, I suggest that you head out to the store or click on over to Amazon to buy it ASAP.
If you haven’t see the movie yet, here’s a little blurb about what to expect from the latest installment.
About Spider-Man: Far From Home
Tom Holland returns as everyone’s favorite web-slinger in SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME, the next chapter after Spider-Man: Homecoming. Our friendly neighborhood wall-crawler decides to join his best friends Ned, MJ, and the rest of the gang on a European vacation. However, Peter’s plans to leave super heroics behind for a few weeks are quickly scrapped when he begrudgingly agrees to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of several elemental creature attacks! Spider-Man and Mysterio (Jake Gyllenhaal) join forces to fight the havoc unleashed across the continent but all is not as it seems.
SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME stars Tom Holland (Spider–Man: Homecoming) as Peter Parker, Samuel L. Jackson (Spider–Man: Homecoming) as Nick Fury, Jon Favreau (The Lion King) as Happy Hogan, Zendaya (“Euphoria”) as MJ, and Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler) as Mysterio.
Spider-Man: Far From Home is rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence, some language and brief suggestive comments.
And now…my absolute favorite thing about adding movies to my home collection: all the bonus features! Yesterday, I sat down in front of the TV and watched all of the bonus materials. So. Much. Fun.
My favorite bonus feature is always the gag reel and bloopers. I love seeing how the cast interacts with each other and all of the fun they have together when making the film. My kids loved hearing Tom Holland revert to his normal British accent when he came out of character to laugh or tease a fellow actor.
I also enjoyed seeing the clip highlighting the stunts found in Spider-Man: Far From Home. My admiration for Tom Holland grew by leaps and bounds (pun intended). I couldn’t believe the athleticism and skill that he displayed by doing most of his stunts on his own. Wow.
What are your favorite bonus features to watch?
Bonus Materials Include:
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre–Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
Grab your copy of Spider-Man: Far From Home today!
Connect with Spidey:
© 2019, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.