This post has been sponsored by SheSpeaks, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Once November hits, I go into full baking mode. I love this season. So many wonderful flavors to enjoy. So many occasions (and excuses!) to bake and share my favorite baked goodies.
This Sprite® cake is like a welcome ray of sunshine in the middle of the cold season. It’s the perfect cake for sharing at a holiday gathering.
When I was shopping at Sam’s Club recently, I realized that the Sprite® Mini Cans were perfect to use in this recipe! Each Sprite® Mini Can has about a cup of Sprite®, which means that it’s the perfect size for using in the cake…plus a necessary sip for the cook.
Since I stocked up on Coca-Cola® and Sprite® Mini Cans at Sam’s Club this month, I’m planning on cooking even more delicious recipes with Coca-Cola® products. (In case you didn’t know, Coca-Cola® combines deliciously with meats and chocolate!).
Have you ever tried cooking with soda? If you haven’t tried recipes with Sprite® or Coca-Cola® before, you will be amazed at how flavorful and moist recipes turn out with the addition of your favorite sodas.
This Sprite® cake is not only a hit with family and friends, but it’s one of my favorites because of how simple and quick it is to make. I love “doctoring” up cake mixes.
One of the tips I’ve learned in the last couple of years from my daughter (who is an expert cake creator) is to use real butter in place of all or some of the oil called for in a cake mix recipe. (Make sure you’re using real butter….it makes a difference!)
Another tip is to add a dash of vanilla, (I use pure vanilla). Little changes can make a huge difference in both moisture and taste.
Sprite Bundt Cake with Lemon Frosting
- Cake Ingredients:
- • 1 box pudding-in-the-mix lemon cake mix
- • ¾ cup Sprite
- • ½ cup butter
- • ¼ cup vegetable oil
- • 4 eggs
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 1-2 tsp lemon zest, optional
- Frosting Ingredients:
- • 2 cups powdered sugar
- • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- • 2 Tbsp milk
- • ½ tsp lemon zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray bundt pan thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the cake ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour cake batter into greased bundt pan; bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
4. Allow cake to cool completely in the pan. (I like to set my bundt pan on a cooling rack to speed cooling.)
5. When cake is just about cool, start preparing the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk and lemon zest in a small bowl. Add milk a little at a time, stirring until you’ve reached desired consistency.
Finish: Carefully turn bundt pan over and remove cake onto a plate. Drizzle frosting over the top. Serve!
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384 Total Fat: 16.1g Saturated Fat: 9.6g Trans Fat: 0.3g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 350mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 4g
Head over to your local Sam’s Club to stock up on your favorite Coca-Cola® products such as Coca-Cola®, Sprite®, Gold Peak® Sweet Tea, Dasani® and Diet Coke® for the holiday season – or better yet, use Club Pickup at Sam’s Club to save even more time. (We all need a little help in that department this time of year!) I know that we’ll be going through our supply fast. It’s that time of year, after all!
Connect with Sam’s Club:
Learn more about the products featured in this post here.
© 2018, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.