I love salads….especially during the summer when produce is so fresh. Today a blogger friend of mine, Olfa from Our Family World offered to share this amazing summer salad recipe with you guys while I’m traveling.
What I love about summer is that we have fresh produce that helps us prepare delicious and crunchy salads! You can add berries to enhance the flavor. You can toss in some nuts, meat, cheese for a balanced lunch meal! Just be creative and you will end up with a refreshing summer salad that every family member can enjoy! The Romaine, shrimp and raspberry salad is one of my favorites! It is ready within minutes and can be a great addition to your barbecue parties!
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce washed, torn and cut
- ¼ cup raspberries (Alternate: blueberries. Some people do not like fruits in their salad so I put the berries in a small cup next to the salad. They can add them if they want.)
- ½ cup cooked shrimp (I usually use frozen cooked shrimp. It is better with fresh shrimp but they are more expensive. If you use fresh ones, you can cook them with some margarine before adding them to the salad.)
- ¼ cherry tomatoes (They are so tasty! You don’t need to half them. It will save you few minutes)
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, shrimp and raspberry
- In a cup, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the dressing into the salad
Some of my friends do not like a salad already dressed, so I keep the dressing in a separate cup. They can help themselves at their convenience. Besides, your salad will keep its crunch longer when it is not seasoned!
Do you eat salads? How do you eat them: with fruits, without? I would love to hear from you!
About the author
Olfa is the founder and Editor of OurFamilyWorld: an online magazine for busy parents looking for family balance. Try her refreshing Mix Romaine and Strawberry Summer salad recipe and you will be delighted.
© 2012 – 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.