We haven’t had TV for years. We do have a television set. We just can’t watch anything on it except for DVDs and videos. Yes, we still have a VHS player hooked up to our TV. Some say we are living in the stone ages. (By the way, my TV is more modern than the one pictured, although it’s apparently too old for me to hook my laptop into. Darn!)
I admit, despite my husband’s insistence that we avoid TV in the house, I have coveted my friends’ channel selections more than once. In fact, the other day, a neighbor asked me to babysit while her son napped and she ran a quick errand. I had brought a book to read, but I was glued to the Today Show like my kids are glued to Sponge Bob when we visit the grandparents.
Top 10 reasons I wish I could get DISH
- I love watching the news. I find it extrememly boring to eat breakfast or lunch at the kitchen table without something to read or watch. I guess I have a hard time turning my brain off.
- TV is a great relaxer and time-filler. Not that I have a ton of time that needs filling….
- Dish Network has the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. Is there any better reason than wanting to have some kid-bribing leverage?
- I’d save money on movie theater tickets by watching movies at home instead.
- I’d save money on DVD rentals, too.
- I could stay on top of my favorite TV shows (which I currently have to try to watch late online).
- DVR. I’ve always wanted it, and Dish Network offers a great DVR package.
- It’s a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.
- I deserve some down time.
- Bundled internet. Because everyone knows I need a good internet connection.
Do you have Dish Network and love it? Let me know what your favorite things are about your TV service.
Note: This post was sponsored by Dish Network but the top 10 list and opinions are 100% my own. I just don’t think it’s gonna convince my husband. We’ll see.
Photo source: Wikipedia Commons
© 2011, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.