I love cooking for the holidays. I have all of my traditional dishes that I have to cook every year (or it wouldn’t be the holidays!). My meal includes ham, a family-favorite potato dish, jello, rolls, beans, salad, and pies. Feeding my own family of 7 is pricey enough, but adding friends and family for the holidays can get pricier for sure.
The current economy impacts overall holiday plans for the majority of moms, emphasizing the importance of deals like these when it comes to ensuring that Americans everywhere have the opportunity to enjoy holiday meals with their families. And with many of us planning to entertain more than 7 people for the holidays, Walmart’s fresh and affordable holiday meals help eliminate some of the stress that comes from hosting a large get-together. And to give your recipes a new spin, Aarón Sánchez of Food Network fame shares cooking tips and unique, delicious recipes he created with Walmart’s basket of holiday and New Year’s ingredients.
Walmart’s $30 Christmas feast for eight starts with family-favorite ingredients, including:
- • One 10-pound spiral cut half-ham
- • Three 8-ounce cans Del Monte Green Beans
- • One 10-pound bag of Russet potatoes
- • One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
- • One 10 inch Pumpkin Pie
Chef Aarón Sánchez has tips for turning a New Year’s party into an extra-special affair to remember. Using standard party ingredients, such as cocktail shrimp, a veggie platter, and crescent rolls, Chef Aarón created a party-ready fiesta spread for 10 for as low as $40. It includes:
- • Shrimp Tray
- • Vegetable Tray
- • Hillshire Farms Little Smokies
- • Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- • Land O’Lakes Egg Nog
- • Red Velvet cake
Now for the good news: I have two $30 Walmart giftcards to give away to two of my readers! Here are the details on how you can win one:
- • For your first entry, tell me your best money-saving tip for the holidays (this entry is mandatory)
- • For an additional entry, tweet about this contest and leave me the link to your tweet (two tweets allowed per day)
- • Subscribe to Better in Bulk (if you have subscribed in the past, please check to see that you are currently subscribed. I have lost the majority of my RSS readers in the switch to WordPress)
- • Blog about this giveaway (example: tell your readers some of your frugal holiday tips, and then suggest that they come here to enter giftcard giveaway)
- • Add Better in Bulk to your blogroll
- • Stumble this post
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. This giveaway will end on Sunday, December 27, 2009 at midnight. Winners will be notified via email and announced on Monday, December 28. Contest open to residents of the US only. Good luck!
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Walmart. In addition, I received a Walmart gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate and two to offer as a giveaway.
© 2009 – 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.