I’ve lived in this house for over 14 years, and yet I still frequent the same 2 or 3 restaurants every time I go out with my husband or some girl friends. If someone asked me where the best Indian food restaurant in the area was, I’d probably have to ask around to come up with an answer (ask my Indian-food-loving husband, on the other hand, and I’m sure he’d have an opinion).
What about checking out a new service-based business? When you need something repaired, who enjoys blindly calling a phone number and hoping you picked a good one? I know I don’t (but I’m not overly fond of using the phone to call anyone but my mom, anyway…).
It’s natural when you’re looking for a new business – be it a restaurant or a car repair shop or a dentist – to ask friends about their experiences and get a few recommendations.
Except that doesn’t really work when you need an answer on-the-spot or at midnight when it’s no longer socially acceptable to call a friend. Or maybe you’ve just moved into town and haven’t built up a friend-reserve yet. That’s where the YP app comes in. Seriously, I have fallen in love and may start calling YP my new best buddy.
YP is the new Yellow Pages, updated for the way people look for and share information today. You can find YP online at YP.com as well as in the App Store for the iPhone and iPad AND Android Google Play. Here’s what YP can do for you (and see why I am loving it so much):
What is so great about YP?
- Find restaurants and see what other customers have to say – whether you’re looking for a new restaurant to try out in town or you’re traveling and need a near-by place to stop for dinner, it’s easy to search for restaurants on YP.
- Search by location, by menu item (wow!), by food type, or by price. You can even scan the menu to get an idea of what you might order before you get to the restaurant. (And then don’t forget to leave a review after you’ve visited the restaurant you found!).
- Find deals from local businesses and save them on the app to use later. It’s like clipping coupons on your phone.
- Search for the lowest gas prices (probably my favorite feature!) and never wonder if you’re getting the best deal on gas anymore.
- Customize your app for the things you look for the most.
- Wondering what to do this weekend? YP also has a listing of local events (with website, phone number, address, price, timing and details included. Thank you!).
- Rate YOUR favorite restaurants and businesses and leave a review (you can peek at some of my YP reviews) as well as leave photos of the business to add value to the page.
The best part about YP? It is so easy to use and navigate that you can sit down and find what you’re looking for right away. This is an app that is staying on my phone for sure!
Thank you to YP for being a sponsor. Check out the latest YP app or YP.com to find food nearby fast! YP is your local companion for making decisions on everything from where to eat to where to find cheap gas. This post is in conjunction with my relationship with the Clever Girls Collective, and all opinions expressed here are my own. #YPcrave
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.