Don’t you LOVE finding bath and body products that you can make at home? They’re cheaper than the typical store-bought kind and the quality can’t be beat. I LOVE it!
Here’s how easy it is to make these lotion bars:
How to make your own shea butter lotion bars
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) shea butter
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) beeswax pastilles
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops of essential oils of your choice (optional, but recommended)
- In a double boiler, melt shea butter and beeswax over medium low heat. (I just used a large glass bowl sitting on top of a small pot of water. I’ve also used a Pyrex measuring cup sitting inside a pot of water – this method makes it easy to pour melted lotion base into mold)
- When shea butter and beeswax are nearly melted, add coconut oil (which will melt very quickly). Stir. Add essential oils, if desired.
- Pour melted lotion base into mold (I used 1.5 inch square brownie molds, but any molds will do) and let cool until completely solid (this will take several hours).
- Remove lotion bars from molds and store in a cool, dry place. Note: heat will re-melt the lotion bars, so if for some reason you need to re-mold, just heat and start over.
- To use: simply rub lotion bars in between your hands to activate. Your body heat will melt/soften the bars just enough to give you some good lotion to apply anywhere, even your lips! I rub the bars straight onto my lips, just like lip balm.
For more easy gift ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- DIY Lavender Facial by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Cookie Platter Mother’s Day Gift by A Mom’s Take
- DIY Mother’s Day Herb Garden Gift by Mom Does It All
- DIY Vanity Tray by Style on Main
- Homemade Painted Glass Bottle by Our Family World
- Thanks a Latte Teacher Gift by Simply Southern Mom
- DIY Mother’s Day Coupon Book for Twin Moms by Mom on the Side
- DIY Butterfly Wall Hanging by Home and Garden Cafe
- Party Worthy Spinach Salad with Strawberries by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Aromatherapy Shower Fizzies by My So Called Balanced Life
- Easy DIY Photo Coasters & a Delicious Mocktail to Spoil Mom by Two Boys One Girl One Crazy Mom
- Add Some Style to Your Sunglasses by Greta’s Day
- DIY Kitchen Herb Garden Gift by About a Mom
- Pasta Picture Frame by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy Marquee Letter Craft by Momma D Jane’s Blog
- School’s Out for Summer Gift by The Guavalicious Life
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.