As summer comes to a close and the kids head back to school, I am reminded why I love summer so much.
Sleeping in, spending quality AND quantity time with family and friends, being adventurous…there is so much about summer vacation to love! This year, though, I refuse to let the adventurous spirit stay dormant til next year. Who says we can’t unplug and reconnect with the people we enjoy the most…any time of the year?
This summer was a blast – 100% all natural family adventure (and I’ve been slowly but steadily sharing all of our adventures here on the blog). Our fun included (but was NOT limited to) hiking in 5 different states, horseback riding, white water rafting, wading in mountain lakes, photographing wildlife and getting to know the West Coast cousins.
Now that we’re home, I’m ready to plan our next adventure!
Gulf County, located in Northwest Florida, might just be the perfect destination for us. With 43 miles of natural shoreline and NO high-rise buildings or busy highways, Gulf County, FL is the ideal place to disconnect to reconnect.
The Tip of Cape San Blas is a popular spot for beach-lovers to pull their boats up to and play in the sun. Great for exploring and shelling as well. Photo by GCTDC, used with permission.
If you’re anything like me, you don’t need much urging to convince you that some unplugged family time enjoying nature, wildlife and adventure is exactly what you need this Fall (and I’m sure that you’ll want to pencil in the same trip for next year and the year after that, too).
There’s something about relaxation, adventure, and good clean family fun that makes me hungry for more! But…if you need some convincing, here’s a little something to make you want to pack your bags for a trip next week!
- Enjoy spectacular sunsets on westward-facing white-sand beaches. In fact, GCFL is known as #championofsunsets
Quiet group of shrimp boats docked in St. Joseph Bay at sunset. Fall is the favorite season for sunsets. Photo by GCTDC, used with permission.
- Take your camera out for wildlife observing…and maybe get a little wild yourself! Enjoy the beautiful beaches or the beckoning bayous…or maybe you just want to appreciate a little local Tupelo honey. It’s all good!
- The beaches in GCFL are consistently ranked in the top ten US beaches to bring your pets on vacation.
- GCFL is an amazing place to visit year-round. In fact, more than 18% of visitors enjoy GCFL at least 5 times per year. We personally LOVE visiting Florida in November and December. The weather is ideal (especially compared to home!) and the crowds are small during off-peak months.
- GCFL has seaside bike trails, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, snorkeling, fishing, and more. Something for everyone!
Memories aren’t always made from big, fancy productions. Instead, connect with your family over the small, happy accidents. Be open to wonder.
Ready to make some plans to Come visit GCFL? What kinds of adventures do you love to go on with your family?
Connect with Gulf County, Florida:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gulfcountyfl
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitGulfCounty (the locals and loyal visitors LOVE to chime in on the Facebook page for recommendations and best-kept secrets)
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/gulfcountyfl
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/gulfcountyfl
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.