Ready to find out how SIMPLE it is to make these grilled kabobs?
Want to know a secret?
The crazy-awesome thing about this recipe is that I grilled these on the stove top using an indoor griddle. No need to head outside (which is not a terrible thing in the summer…but sometimes it even gets to be too hot to be outside.
Anyway…on to that recipe!
15-Minute Chicken or Hot Dog Grilled Kabobs with Vegetables
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 hot dogs, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ? of a red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 6 orange sweet peppers (or bell pepper), cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 6 mushrooms
- 12 baby red potatoes, cut in half
- BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s sweet chipotle BBQ sauce)
- Slice baby potatoes and microwave them for 2 minutes on high. Meanwhile, heat up your grill to medium-high.
- Slice meats and the rest of the vegetables.
- Add meats and vegetables to skewers, alternating ingredients. Place skewers on grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then flip the skewers over. Generously brush the meats and veggies with BBQ sauce (on the side that was cooked).
- After another 2-3 minutes, flip the skewers so that the first side is now facing up. Brush that side generously with BBQ sauce. Every few minutes, flip the kabobs so that all sides get cooked. Continue brushing with BBQ sauce.
- Kabobs are ready to eat when chicken pieces are cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
What are your favorite things to add to a kabob? Personally, I’m an everything kind of girl. The more flavors and colors, the better!
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
I’m always looking for quick and healthy dinners! Thanks for sharing at the Monday Funday Link Party. – Emily
Julie Wood says
I really like this recipe! I like the small potatoes and veges with it. I will have to make this recipe when it gets warmer out, in the Spring. Thanks for sharing!!
I had never used hot dogs on kabobs before, either, but I decided to be adventurous, and they turned out so tasty!
Melissa Vera says
What yummy kabobs, I never would have thought of making kabobs with hot dogs. Thanks for sharing this on #HomeMattersParty. Looking forward to see what you share next week.
Looks delicious! I would love for you to share at this weeks parties Sunday through Thursday! Have a terrific week!
Kabobs are great! So many combinations, but so simple to make and so delicious!