I’m sharing how my daughters and I stay active thanks to Playtex® Sport® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #PlaytexSportSquad. All thoughts, opinions, and stories are my own.
I remember when I was younger (during those blissfully naive and free pre-motherhood days) I thought that being a mom meant teaching my kids everything they needed to know. Now that I’m a mom of 4 teens (and one almost-10-year-old), I’ve come to realize that my kids are teaching me just as much as I ever hoped to teach them.
One of the things that has both humbled me and brought me the greatest sense of pride has been the fact that my kids are often such great examples to me. When I feel discouraged or like something is too hard for me to accomplish, my kids are often the ones who show me that I CAN do it. Or at least guilt me into realizing that I should…
I’ve got 3 teenage daughters. Yes, three. My oldest is in college, my middle daughter is in high school, and my youngest daughter is in middle school. If you had asked me a few years ago, while they were still little, what I thought about this current stage that I’m, I would have said that I was terrified. I would have said that I was much better with little kids than I have ever been with teenagers (yes, even when I was a teen myself).
But you know what? Being a mom of teenage girls rocks.
I suppose that it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to me that my girls and I have bonded over feminine issues. Yep. We talk about periods (some kids are more open than others). We talk about the woes of being invited to a swim party at that time of the month, or how awful it is to start in the middle of the school day. Thank goodness my girls have been open to asking questions (and in turn, letting me answer!)…and thank goodness for Playtex® Sport® Tampon & Liner Combo Packs and Playtex® Sport® Pads that allow them to stay active in sports, exercise, and recreation during that time.
Playtex® Sport® allows you to “play on”.
5 Tips To Stay Active As A Family
Here are 5 simple things that we have done to stay active together. How does your family help each other stay active?
- Do Chores Together: help each other get the chores done. Working together makes just about anything easier, and teaming up to get chores done not only make the chores go faster, but it can be a lot more fun, too. I think if *most* of my kids were left to their own devices, they’d end up….well, they’d end up on devices. TV, mobile devices (talking, texting or games), you name it. Getting everyone involved in maintaining the house not only gets them up off the couch or out of their bedroom, but it teaches them valuable skills.
- Challenge Each Other: Do you have activity trackers or step-counting apps on your phones? Not only are family step challenges fun, but they help motivate each person to “step up” their game. A little friendly competition pushes everyone a little harder. Every once in a while, you’ll see or hear something heat-warming, like an older sister cheering on a younger brother….or a son reminding his dad to do his evening run instead of watching TV.
- Head Outside: Play! Go to a park or take a bike ride down the street. If you feel like the kids are too old to “play” outside, then head outside for a bike ride together, a walk around the block, or a hike along a country trail. Remind each other that the outdoors are an exciting, beautiful, relaxing, rejuvinating place to be.
- Play…Inside! Some of the most enjoyable mother-daughter moments in the last several years have taken place in front of the TV with remotes in our hands. We love playing active video games, where we have to dance, run, swing, and karate chop our way to the top. We have fun together and we get a workout at the same time!
- Be involved: My husband has been amazing about coaching sports teams for the kids. But even if you’re not coach-material, you can support your child’s involvement in sports by practicing with them at home (throwing, pitching, bouncing, stretching, running, you name it). Not only will you help them be more prepared for the next game, but you’ll create some fabulous bonding time, too.
There are so many ways to be more active as a family, and whatever works for YOU is the best answer for you. The most important thing is that you create time to be together and keep the lines of communication open so that they’re willing to come to you when they have questions or concerns.
Are You “Fit To Play”?
What is your perfect fit? The “Fit to Play” quiz takes you through a series of questions like the one below to determine your perfect sport. I loved this question because I felt like I could see each of my teenage daughters in one of the choices. They are all SO unique. Girls, if you’re reading this, I bet you can figure out which option you are!
The quiz also suggests a femcare product as your perfect product fit. You can then sign up for free samples within the quiz experience, too. Take the quiz HERE.
Featured product: Tampons & Liners Combo Pack
- Designed for dual-form users
- Two kinds of Sport® Level Protection™ together in one convenient package
- Only Playtex® Sport® has a 360°™ design and FlexFit™ technology that moves the way you move. These are great tampons for swimming, biking, running or whatever your activity of choice is.
Connect with Playtex® Sport®
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.