I grew up eating asparagus – it was one of the vegetables we grew in our garden while I was a kid – and I’ve always loved it. But I have to admit that I’ve never been very adventurous when it comes to cooking asparagus. Steamed or pan fried or tossed in some pasta. That’s about it. I decided that I needed to find a new way to dress up my asparagus (and maybe make it a little more appealing to my kids who aren’t always fans of cooked green things…). Since I know that they love fries (and just about anything breaded) I was curious how they’d enjoy breaded asparagus “fries.”
I grabbed some Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs from my pantry. Seriously, I always have Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs on hand. Once I tried them over traditional bread crumbs, I couldn’t go back. They’re the perfect place to start for any breaded dish like this one.
Did you know that Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs are made from specially baked, crustless bread? Panko bread crumbs are larger, crispier, and lighter, so they coat foods better and keep them crispier longer, whether you’re baking or frying. And since Kikkoman Bread Crumbs are unseasoned, you can even use them in sweet recipes.
I love using Kikkoman Bread Crumbs whenever I make our family-favorite baked chicken nuggets. I make Asian food at home frequently, and so I’m not only using Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs regularly, but I’ve always got Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Teriyaki Marinade on hand in the refrigerator. There’s no other brand I trust more for bringing delicious Asian flavors to our dinner table!
Ready to see how easy it was to make these delicious baked asparagus fries? This vegetable side dish would be a perfect addition to this year’s holiday meal, don’t you think?
Baked Asparagus Fries
- 1 lb asparagus spears
- 1 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a wide, shallow bowl combine panko, parmesan cheese, ¼ cup flour, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Add remaining ½ cup flour to another wide bowl, and add eggs to a third bowl.
- Dredge each asparagus spear in flour, then dip in eggs, then roll in panko mixture; press to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single row on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425°F, or until panko is golden brown and crispy.
Want more recipes like this using Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs and Kikkoman sauces? Check out some delicious recipes on the Kikkoman site here.
Connect with Kikkoman:
Enjoy The Flavor Sweepstakes
What’s your favorite holiday vegetable recipe? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/28/16 – 12/31/16
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.