The BEST Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (not margarine)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine both sugars, butter, peanut butter, milk, vanilla, and egg. Using hand beaters, mix wet ingredients til they're creamy. Add ingredients of the wet bowl into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until they're thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon small rounded spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet (no need to flatten the cookie dough balls). Bake at 375°F for 9-11 minutes, or until slightly browned. Immediately after you take the cookies out of the oven, place an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss in the middle of each cookies and gently press down.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes and then remove them to a cooling rack (but be sure to sneak one or two when they're still warm because nothing beats the taste of a peanut butter cookie with a melted chocolate kiss on top!
TIP #1: my husband swears that the creaming of the wet ingredients is critical for this cookie recipe. So don’t skimp out on the creaming step.
TIP #2: This dough can be refrigerated for a few days before baking. When you’re ready to make the cookies, just take the dough out of the fridge, let it sit for a few minutes, and then bake as usual.
TIP #3: Use a cookie/melon scoop (affiliate link) make it even easier to form the right sized cookie dough balls.
And now…Enjoy one of our family’s favorite cookie recipes ever! I swear they turn out perfect every time he makes them!
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.