I’m so happy you’re here. Are YOU as excited as I am about the spring? I am so ready to put away my coats and boots for the season and enjoy a little more sunshine and open windows (I’ll opt out of the allergies, though, thankyouverymuch).
Do your kids love doing scavenger hunts? I’m excited to share this Easter/ Spring Scavenger Hunt Printable for kids! They’re going to LOVE it! I created a new themed scavenger hunt for each month this year, and I can’t wait to “reveal” each of them!
How to use this Easter/Spring Scavenger Hunt Printable
Get ready to search for all things related to the spring/Easter season! The best thing about this scavenger hunt is that it can be played many different ways – use the printable list as a guide and make the game your own. Simply print off as many sheets as you need, and then go have some fun!
- Single-player game: race against the clock! See how many of the items on the list you can find in 5, 10, or 15 minutes. Look in the house for as many items as possible, or find things that aren’t at home in a magazine or book.
- Group scavenger hunt: If you have enough players, divide into 2 teams. Each team works together to find the items on the list. Reconvene at a specific time to compare what each team was able to find.
- Get creative! Some items are easier than others to “collect” as participants search for things on the list. Let the kids think of alternative methods of “collection” such as taking a picture, drawing a picture, or having an adult initial next to an item on the list. See ideas for gathering clues below.
- Broaden your search area. With parental permission/supervision, teams can ask neighbors for help gathering scavenger hunt items. Maybe you don’t have a cupid at home, but a neighbor does. Make sure that kids know to only go to houses where they know the people that live there, and always bring a buddy along.
Methods of gathering “clues:”
- Each person or group has a small bag and collects as many items inside the bag as the can in a set amount of time. At the end, everyone shows off the item they’ve collected.
- Each person or group has a digital camera (phones, ipod, etc) and snaps a picture of each item they find.
- Simply check off each item on the scavenger hunt paper as it is found or have another person act as a “witness” and initial the paper to verify that an item was found.
- Use your imagination! Let the players decide the rules!
© 2016 – 2018, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.