Face Refresher Spray is the perfect way to turn a regular day at the beach or a day lounging by the pool into a bit more of resort spa day experience.
A gentle mist of this moisturizing and lightly-scented mixture on your face and you’ll feel refreshed. Not to mention the added benefit that it helps keep your skin hydrated while you spend time in the sun. I use just 4 simple ingredients to make this, but each ingredient has an important role in the how this refreshing face spray works.
Note: Amazon links are use within this post so you know exactly which products to get. No shopping around, checking all the stores (who has time for that?)
- Argan oil is an amazing carrier oil that is hydrating and nourishing to skin.
- Lavender essential oil helps fights the effects of aging, aids in improving elasticity and is good for dry or oil complexions.
- Witch Hazel is soothing to dry skin and acts as a toner.
- These ingredients also combine to help your skin better absorb the water.
Toss a bottle in your beach bag and indulge!
How to make DIY face refresher spray
- ¼ cup Distilled Water
- 2 tsp. Argan Oil (Get it here)
- 2 tsp. Witch hazel (Get it here)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (Buy your essential oils here)
You will also need:
- 4 oz. spray bottle, preferably glass (get them here)
Make sure your spray bottle has a fine mist – this is much more enjoyable than a big blast in the face!
- Carefully pour the water and witch hazel directly into your bottle, use a small funnel if you have one or a measuring glass with a pour spout.
- Add argan oil and lavender with a dropper, this is easier than trying to pour it into the small opening of your spray bottle.
- Replace spray nozzle lid and shake gently to combine all ingredients.
You could also add a couple drops of rose water, geranium, patchouli, or myrrh for added skin and aromatherapy benefits.
To use: Shake before each use and spray lightly on face, neck, shoulders, and chest whenever you need a refreshing.
In a smaller quantity it also makes a great face refresher for long flights. You will need to take a smaller bottle/less mixture to comply with TSA restrictions. According to their site “You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. Placing these items in the small bag and separating from your carry-on baggage facilitates the screening process. Pack items that are in containers larger than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in checked baggage.”
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.