I’m participating once again with From Val’s Kitchen and This Mama Loves in our weekly recipe linky, and since I was out of town last week, I figured it would be a perfect time to finally share this “forgotten” recipe, even though these old pictures are not quite up to par.
During the summer of 2012, I worked on a project with WhoNu? Cookies (now WhoKnew) creating recipes using their cookies. Yes, the recipe-creation project was paid, but I am not or was not compensated for sharing those recipes here. I shared the last September, but then apparently got distracted and forgot to keep sharing the rest.
These mini cheesecakes are easy to make, yummy to eat, and PERFECT party desserts for the holiday season.
Mini Chocolate-Bottom Berry Cheesecake
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) reduced-fat Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 16 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Assorted fresh berries
- 16 muffin cups
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place one chocolate sandwich cookie on the bottom of each of 16 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice with hand mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix just until blended.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of cookies; liners should be about ¾ full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until centers are almost set. Let cool.
- Refrigerate cheesecakes for at least 2 hours.
- Top with berries and whipped cream, if desired.
Check out the other recipes I created that were inspired by WhoKnew Cookies: Individual Whole Wheat Banana Pudding, Cookies-n-Cream Yogurt Smoothie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins.
If you’re not familiar with WhoKnew Cookies, here’s the run-down: WhoKnew cookies are a good source of fiber, include 4 grams of whole grain, and have as much calcium as an 8 oz. glass of milk. While they DO have whole grains, calcium and fiber, they DO NOT include any high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, trans fats, and artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
They’re good stuff.
Have you posted a recipe this past week or have you found a recipe online that you can’t wait to try? Link up below!
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.