I love the popular trend of cute boot cuffs peeking out of cool weather boots. You can go simple with a color that matches everything or get a little wild with colors and patterns that stand out. I went kind of middle of the road here with these – just a fun pop of color to brighten up your winter outfits.
Note: Amazon affiliate links to supplies used within this post.
These homemade boot cuffs are so inexpensive and easy to make that you will want to make more than one pair to keep on hand – and several to give for homemade gifts. You can pick up all kinds of fun patterns to make your socks from, I actually made these from a pair of my old socks I had on hand. There are also lots of textures that work well for these – fur lined socks, knitted, or fuzzy – there’s a style for every personality on your gift list. Not only do they look adorable but using the thicker knit socks keeps legs warm through the winter months. These work for adults or children just as well.
How to Make Your Own No-Sew Boot Cuffs
- Cut off the toe of socks, leaving about 6 inches of length.
- Run a bead of fabric glue along the cut edge of sock, allow to dry fully. This will keep your socks from unraveling on the rough edge.
- Use fabric glue to attach several buttons in coordinating colors to the side of socks or run a needle and thread through a few times to secure well.
- I used the heel of my socks for the knees, and I love the look of them.
- Slip them on over pants and position them where you want them then slide boots on.
If you don’t want the heels of your socks to be part of the boot cuffs, just find longer socks and cut them above the heel.
Since no sewing is required, this is a fun homemade holiday gift that even the kids can make. Who on your gift list would love some boot cuffs?
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.