Once October hits, it’s officially time to bring out the pumpkins. There are so many things you can do with pumpkin, but one of my favorites (and easiest) ways to cook pumpkin is to bake up a loaf of pumpkin bread or a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil or ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil or applesauce, butter, water, sugars and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
What’s your favorite way to cook with pumpkin?
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.