This Halloween-themed post and Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles recipe is brought to you by Hershey’s but all thoughts and recipe creation are my own work.
Earlier in the season, I was seeing a bunch of pumpkin snickerdoodles around and was dying to try a batch. I tried. And the pumpkin snickerdoodles were NOT a hit.
So when I received a box full of Hershey’s Halloween treats in the mail a few weeks ago, I was determined to try again…with my own little twist on pumpkin snickerdoodles. The secret? There’s no pumpkin in these cookies but there IS a pumpkiny spice surprise in the middle of each cookie that makes them beyond delicious.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Mix 1½ cups sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15+ minutes.
- Meanwhile, unwrap the Hershey’s Kisses and set them in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix the remaining sugar plus cinnamon, cloves, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator. Grab one Kiss and wrap a ball of dough around it. You just need enough dough to completely cover the Kiss. Roll balls in sugar-spice mixture.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
Have I tempted you yet?
I recommend that you run to the store today while these seasonal Hershey’s Kisses are still around…and pick up a few bags of all of your favorite Hershey’s candies while you’re at it. I know I’ve got quite a few faves. Be sure to check out CelebrateWithHerhseys.com for more recipes, crafts, and other fun Halloween ideas.
© 2013 – 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.