I am excited to finally share this simple but oh-so-delicious “recipe” for rice pudding crème brûlée. I made this easy 5-minute dessert in June before my road trip, and I’ve been dying to post the simple instructions. You guys are going to LOVE this. This post is sponsored by Kozy Shack®, but all thoughts and ideas are my own.
Did you know that National Rice Pudding Day is August 9? I don’t know how you plan on celebrating, but I’ll be celebrating with some of this:
I’ve been going a little “pudding crazy” this summer, thanks to Kozy Shack®…and that’s a good thing. I LOVE all of the Kozy Shack® pudding flavors – chocolate, tapioca and rice pudding – but after this quick and easy rice pudding “hack” I’m convinced that rice pudding is my favorite.
Rice pudding is pretty plain, which makes it ideal for adding toppings – fruit, cookies, spices, granola, you name it. I don’t know what gave me the idea to make a mock creme brulee, but it was insanely easy and delicious. I wanted to eat them ALL.
Actually…maybe I DID eat them all.
I’ve been keeping an eye on the Kozy Shack® Instagram account this summer. Thanks to the Summer of Pudding theme, they’ve been cranking out some amazing pudding ideas from their kitchens and the kitchens of fellow bloggers like me. My mind is swimming with pudding ideas now…
- One 22 oz container Kozy Shack® Rice Pudding
- 2-3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Stir caramel topping into rice pudding (you can avoid extra dishes by stirring it right into the tub!).
- Spoon rice pudding evenly into shallow oven-safe mason jars or ramekins.
- Sprinkle each pudding with a teaspoon or two of brown sugar to cover the top surface (it doesn't need to be a thick layer, just covered).
- Place jars or ramekins onto a cookie sheet and place under broiler for a few minutes, just until brown sugar is completely melted and starts to bubble.
- Remove pudding from oven and let cool for just a minute. Enjoy!
I don’t know about you, but I love that there are only 3 ingredients in this treat! You’ve got a fancy flavor with very little work (trust me…no one would guess that you didn’t slave away in the kitchen to create something this tasty)!
OK, it’s been way too long since I’ve made this pudding treat. I need to get to the store stat and get me some more rice pudding!
Check out my other easy pudding recipes – it really HAS been the Summer of Pudding!
Connect with Kozy Shack®:
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.