Happy September! School has started in these parts, but we’re still trying to adjust to the new routine and the craziness that inevitably comes with a new school year. Fall is my favorite time of year (and not just because my birthday is in the fall) and I look forward to fall traditions and fall foods all year long. Yes, summer is fun. Spring is beautiful. Winter…well, winter is just cold. But the fall is full of the best baked treats, the best colors (I love oranges and reds and yellows and browns), and the best smells. Plus, the weather is nearly perfect.
Here are a few blog prompts for the beginning of fall. What will you be writing about this month?
It’s back-to-school season. Write about what you love (or maybe don’t love) about back-to-school.Who was your favorite teacher when you were in school? What made them so memorable?
- School memories: Write about a memorable first day of school from when you were a child.
- What are some of your fears for the new school year? Are your fears different as a parent than they were when you were the student?
- Tell us about your 5 favorite things about September.
- Summer recap: Now that summer is officially over, what are some of your favorite memories from the summer months?
- Photography: Go on a fall color photo scavenger hunt. Find yellow (or brown or orange, etc) in nature and put your favorite pictures together in a post.
- Throwback: Pull out some old school pictures of yourself (and maybe your spouse, too). Find pictures of yourself when you were the same age as your kids are now. Do you look alike? Talk about how your life is the same (or different) compared to your child.
- Food: It’s almost pumpkin season! Make a new pumpkin recipe or gather a round-up of some of your favorite pumpkin treats.
- Organization: Share your best tips for staying organized when starting a new routine.
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply