Please excuse the cell phone picture of these cupcakes. I baked these solely for the intent to eat them (which I happily did) but after I posted the picture of Instagram, I had more requests for the recipe than I was expecting…
So, for those of you waiting, and those of you who are hearing about these bad boys for the first time, here it is…
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Breakfast Cupcakes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- **STREUSEL TOPPING**
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or dry oats
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar til fluffy (3-5 minutes). Add the eggs and beat. Blend in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Fill cupcake tin (liners work best) about ⅔ full. Sprinkle streusel topping over the cupcakes (be generous!).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
This recipe was adapted by me from the a recipe found in Crazy About Cupcakes.
© 2011 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.