This post is sponsored by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand, and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Can you believe that it’s almost 4th of July weekend? The summer is flying by! I can’t believe we’re in the last week of June and it will be July before we know it.
I’m excited to let you guys know about the Star Spangled Celebration at Kings Dominion in Virginia. You will LOVE all that they’ve got planned to make this 4th of July weekend your BEST one ever.
Kings Dominion is celebrating July 4th all weekend long (July 2, 3, and 4) with live entertainment, fireworks, and more!
Because what would the Fourth of July be without fireworks?
Plus – and this is the BEST part – all active and retired military personnel get FREE admission to the park! What better way to celebrate Independence Day than by giving back to those who serve our country and their families?
Note: Military who qualify for the free admission ticket include but are not limited to active military, retired military, and veterans with honorable or medical discharge. Either a DD 214 or government issued ID will be accepted.
Here’s what makes the Star Spangled Celebration so much fun:
- Kings Dominion will start each day with a live performance of the National Anthem
- This year Kings Dominion has expanded their fireworks display, with even more fireworks than ever
- You can see the full schedule of events HERE
- PLUS….all your favorite roller coaster rides
- And the Fastest Rollercoaster (I can’t wait to ride it again!)
- And while you’re there, be sure to check out MORE things to do in Richmond Virginia
They’re going to be kicking off the fun with the Military Chef’s BBQ Challenge on Saturday, July 2. Some of the military’s best Chefs will battle head-to-head right under the Eiffel Tower. Guests can watch their favorite military teams fight for the championship. The cook-off will be judged by an all-star panel of local Chefs. The Military Chef’s BBQ Challenge is an official qualifier for the World Food Championships held later this year.
Can’t wait to head to Kings Dominion? There’s MORE FUN to look forward to for the rest of the year, with festivals and celebrations including KidsFest (7/16-7/24), BBQ and Brewfest (8/6-8/21), and Great Pumpkin Festival (9/19-10/30). I can’t wait for KidsFest (we’re going in a few weeks!) and the Great Pumpkin Festival (because I love amusement parks when they’re all dressed up for Halloween! Which event are you most excited to attend?
Connect with Kings Dominion for all the latest news!
- Get tickets HERE!
- Kings Dominion on Facebook
- Kings Dominion on Twitter: @kingsdominionva
- Kings Dominion on Instagram: @kingsdominionva
- #ThisIsYourKidsFun #KDFirstTimer
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.