This is recipe for Sweet and spicy Southwest Chicken Salad is sponsored by Wholly Guacamole through 15 Minute Suppers. Recipe & opinions are my own.
Note: If you’re looking for Weight Watchers recipes, this one is fabulous! At only 5 Points Plus per serving WITH the tortilla (based on 6 servings per recipe), this is filling, satisfying and SO tasty!
The other day this package of goodies showed up at my door:
I was beyond excited to test out out a few recipe ideas I had brainstormed after I found out that a whole package of guacamole was on it’s way. So far, I’ve made 3 delectable dishes with Wholly Guacamole, but this recipe that I’m featuring today is not only my favorite guac recipe, but perhaps my favorite recipe EVER that I created completely on my own.
It’s so easy to make, it’s a crime.
Sweet and Spicy Southwest Chicken Salad
- 1 hard boiled egg, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- ⅓ cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 chicken breast sprinkled with a garlic & herbs seasoning mix (or any 1 cup cooked chicken), cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons Mexican cojita cheese (or your favorite crumbly cheese)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 4 ounce (half package) of Wholly Guacamole Spicy guac
- Flour tortillas
- If you’re starting from uncooked chicken, then sprinkle your chicken breast with seasonings (I used a garlic and herbs seasoning, but you can sprinkle with Adobo or seasoned salt or even a taco seasoning). Heat on the grill for about 10 minutes, or until heated through (cook time will vary depending on the grill used and the thickness of the breast). Cube cooked chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, chop all of the other ingredients.
- Add everything to a medium bowl and stir.
- Serve in a flour tortilla, sandwiched between 2 slices of your favorite bread, or eat alone!
Note: If you’d prefer your chicken salad a little less spicy, then try a mild guacamole.
Not only is this chicken salad unique, but it is colorful and delicious and tastes great the next day, too. What more could you ask for?
More guacamole, perhaps?
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- Chicken Avocado Verde Tostados by Around My Family Table
- Southwestern Egg Rolls by Home Cooking Memories
- Avocado Verde Chicken Kabobs by Cute as a Fox
- Guacamole Pasta by Jen’s Journey
- Sweet and Spicy Southwest Chicken Salad by Better in Bulk
- Wholly Guacamole Huevos Rancheros by Having Fun Saving
- Spicy Rice Bowl by Just 2 Sisters
- Southwestern Panini by Liz on Call
- Wholly Guacamole Beef Tortas by Emily’s Frugal Tips
- California Waldorf Salad by East Valley Mom Guide
- Perfect Guacamole Cups by Songs Kate Sang
- Guacamole Veggie Wrap by Celebrating Family
- Turkey, Bacon & Guacamole Sandwich by Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Guacamole Stuffed Chicken by White Lights on Wednesday
- Cajun Turkey Guac Roll-Ups by Moms Living Thrifty
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
Win some Wholly Guacamole!
Enter below for a chance to win one of eighteen Wholly Guac prizes!
- 1st Prize: Year supply of Guacamole (in the form of coupons) and other goodies
- 17 (yes, seventeen!)–2nd place Prizes: Cooler of Wholly Guacamole products like the products pictured above!!
Giveaway runs from 4/18/14 until 4/25 @ 11:59pm
Connect with Wholly Guacamole
Google +: https://plus.google.com/+whollyguacamole/posts
Disclosure: This is sponsored recipe for Wholly Guacamole through 15 Minute Suppers. Recipe & opinions are my own.
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Brandi Clevinger says
Oh my! this looks so tasty! Going to print it out to try. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Mondays!
This is amazing! What a yummy recipe! I would love for you to share this at my link party Making Memories Mondays going on now! :-)
Jennifer Sikora says
Oh those are looking SO good. I love a good salad :) Now I am going to make this for my dinner tonight!
I think your idea is SO creative! I am not a fan of the waldorf in general because I don’t really love grapes, but this sounds pretty good! I love anything you can make in 15 minutes!
Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) says
What a creative and delicious twist on chicken salad! Love it!
The recipe sounds yummy and super easy. I love southwest flavors
Liz @ Liz on Call says
I love the addition of the grapes to sweeten it up!
Cheryl Free says
I love the idea of 15 Minute Suppers. The less time in the kitchen, the better.
Ashley @ Cute as a Fox says
I love Chicken salad! This is a great take on it. I especially love that you this recipe doesn’t call for mayo.
15 Minute Suppers says
Glad you enjoyed the guacamole! Thanks for participating this week.
Wendy | Around My Family Table says
How amazing is the guac in chicken salad! What a creative way to spice it up.
Carlyn | East Valley Mom Guide says
I love me so chicken salad, and I bet this is amazing with the spicy guac!
Michele Brosius says
I bet the grapes are the perfect addition to tone down a bit of the spice. Looks delicious!
Sweet AND Spicy – Yes please! Those look delicious!