I am home.
I survived two 17 hour car trips with 5 kids and a husband.
I successfully left my blog to it’s own devices and took a true break. A vacation!
And I am back home, looking forward to a glorious night sleep in my own bed.
- Taking a break from blogging is the best inspiration. My head and a certain scrap of paper are full of ideas for the New Year. I can’t wait to get fully unpacked, get the house cleaned up, and the kids back to school so that I can get to work on all of my ideas.
- Spending time with family is the best gift ever.
- Having slightly sick family members and cold weather at the beach is not all bad. Because we weren’t always on the go, I had plenty of time to read and relax and take mid-day naps.
- Not having TV at home means endlessly entertained children when on vacation. They never tired of watching Nickelodeon.
- Wearing sandals in December is awesome.
- 17 hours in the car with patchy sleep erases all the catch-up sleep from a vacation. Which means you need another day and a half minimum of vacation after the vacation is over.
- Sunset is the most beautiful time of day.
- Double check that all Christmas presents are packed when traveling for the Holidays. Because it kind of stinks for one child whose gifts were all left at home.
- It’s never too early to plan for next Christmas’ trip to Florida.
- Nothing compares to home and your own bed. Not even mid day naps.
It’s good to be back. I had a fabulous time that I can’t wait to share with everyone. I missed this.
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.