My sister gave me a cookbook compiled by the families of doctors that she and her husband work with. I was looking through the cookbook last month trying to get some inspiration when I came across a recipe that sounded delicious. And then I noticed that it had been submitted by my sister.
When I realized that it was my sister’s favorite cookie recipe, after wondering why she had never made them for ME, I couldn’t wait to try them for myself.
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
Not only were they beautiful, but they were some of the most delicious cookies I have ever eaten.
We couldn’t get enough of them.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- One bag white chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses mixture.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. *If dough is too sticky, cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and check.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350° oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips and shortening slowly on stovetop over low or simmer heat. Dip half of each cookie in the melted white chocolate and allow to cool on wax paper.
Be warned: once you’ve tasted these soft and chewy cookies, you will be hooked just like we are.
Now let’s see what you’ve been cooking!
Please post the direct link to your recipe (not your blog URL) and the name of your recipe below. Then be sure to visit again next Monday for a new recipe and another chance to link up!
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.