Quick dinner idea: 15 Minute Creamy Tomato and Sausage Fettuccine
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 12-16 ounce smoked sausage/kielbasa, sliced into disks
- ½ of a medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- One 6.7 ounce container sun-dried tomato pesto
- ¾ cup heavy cream or whole milk
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta is boiling, slice smoked sausage and heat in a large skillet over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add onion and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until onion softens and sausage starts to brown. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir just until the spinach wilts.
- Add sauce ingredients: pesto, cream or milk, and parmesan cheese and stir. Add drained fettuccine noodles and stir until sauce is evenly covering pasta. Add cherry tomatoes and stir just until they are heated.
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper, to taste and sServe with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
What do you do when you don’t know what to make for dinner? Or are you a better planner than I am? Check out my other QUICK MEALS for more recipe ideas.
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.