Watch out, guys. I’ve been cooking like crazy lately and taking pictures of everything before I eat (I desperately need some food photography lessons, though…). Here’s a meal that was a total hit in our house. I loved it because it was so easy to prepare.
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak — trimmed of fat, cut into cubes or stew meat
- 1 medium onion — cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup condensed beef broth
- 3 tablespoons purchased teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets or fresh broccoli
- Cooked rice
- In slow cooker, combine beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, teriyaki baste and glaze, sesame seed and sesame oil; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30-45 minutes before serving, cook rice as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in small cup, whisk together 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and then broccoli into beef mixture.
- Cover; cook on low for an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Serve over rice.
What have you been cooking lately?
© 2012 – 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.