I love a good beef stroganoff….and I’m always looking for ways that I can make some of my favorite meals faster. Stroganoff is one of those meals that can be cooked super-slow (I love my crock pot version!) or labor-intensive (think: fresh mushrooms, sliced steak, and slow-thickened sauce on the stove top). While this easy meatball stroganoff recipe may not be as fancy as others that I have tried, it certainly fit the bill and satisfied our tummies!
I love using meatballs in my stroganoff because it makes the preparation go so much faster – this recipe took 15 minutes from start to finish (yes, even with the pasta or rice! Just start a pot of water on another burner and the pasta or rice can be ready at the same time as the stroganoff). Meatball stroganoff is equally delicious poured over egg noodles or white rice – use whatever floats your boat. Or eat it alone. No one is judging.
Easy Meatball Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained (or a handful of fresh mushrooms, sliced)
- 1 cup beef broth (I sometimes add more to stretch it out)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried paprika
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Cooked rice or egg noodles
- Microwave meatballs on a large plate for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until onions are until tender. Add broth, mushrooms, salt, and ketchup.
- Toss meatballs in flour and then add them to the saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add sour cream and stir until meatballs are heated through.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or noodles.
I served my easy meatball stroganoff recipe with a super quick salad of sliced cucumbers and tomatoes with an onion vinaigrette. It was perfect!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- Brown Rice with Edamame and Pineapple by Home Cooking Memories
- Leftover Ham Frittata by Around My Family Table
- Jalapeno and Pepper Jack Cheeseburger Jen’s Journey
- Quick Chicken and Mushrooms by Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2019, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
Give me a quick and delicious recipe any day and I’m hooked. This looks delicious. I’m pinning it to try next month. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty
shelly peterson says
This meal looks mazing. I don’t care too much for the mushrooms so I probably would leave them out. But would love to try making this.
I love this idea. I like to keep meatballs in the freezer because they are perfect for a fast dinner.
Wendy | Around My Family Table says
What a great shortcut version of the classic! Yum!
Jennifer Sikora says
This recipe looks fantastic! I love meatballs :)