Here’s the recipe you’ve been waiting for!
- 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies (Golden Oreos)
- 5 graham crackers
- 2 small boxes Vanilla instant pudding mix
- Milk (according to instant pudding recipe)
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 12 plastic cups (I used clear aqua-colored plastic cups for a beachy look)
- 24 Teddy Grahams
- 12 mini umbrellas
- 12 jawbreakers or gumballs
- Place cookies and graham crackers in blender and blend into crumbs. (Alternate: you can use the old-fashioned ziploc bag and rolling pin, but the blender is much faster!)
- Mix both boxes of vanilla instant pudding according to package directions. Blend in cream cheese then fold in Cool Whip (Alternate: you can make your own whipped cream too).
- Layer a small amount of cookie crumbs and a few spoonfuls of pudding (beginning and ending with cookie crumbs). Hint: I gently tapped each cups down on the counter after each layer to flatten.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- "Decorate" your sand pudding with mini umbrellas, teddy grahams, and a gumdrop beach ball before serving.
(You can get the little cocktail umbrellas on Amazon or at your local party store)
Note: The two ingredients I kept seeing in most of the recipes I found were sugar and butter. I couldn’t imagine needing to add more sugar to pudding and Cool Whip so I left it out altogether. I also wasn’t fond of the idea of adding butter to my pudding. I mean…I wasn’t trying to make a healthy snack or anything but I try not to go to crazy with my treats. I don’t think we were missing out on anything. These sand pudding cups were delicious just the way they were!
Looking for more fun Pinterest Remakes? Check out a few of my favorite blogs:
- How to Distress a Flower Pot by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Inspire Creative Play with an Easy Mask Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- DIY Project Using Old Window Frames by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy Succulent Centerpiece by Upstate Ramblings
- No Churn Minion Ice Cream by Homemaking Hacks
- DIY Oriole Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies by LW Vogue
- DIY Jewelry Organizer by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Painted Rocks Garden Markers by Mom Always Finds Out
- Banana Pudding Eclair Cake – No Bake Easy Dessert by Sweep Tight
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice by Oh So Savvy Mom
Love Sand Pudding? You’ll Love These Recipes, Too
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.