Yes, I made more rice krispie treats. Shoot me.
These rice krispie treats were so perfect that I may have to call them my favorite rice krispie treat variety ever. I’ve made others that were good – from simple to rich – but these were just perfection.
I don’t know if they even need any more explanation than that.
Sea Salt Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- About 20 caramel candies, unwrapped
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10½-oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp sea salt flakes
- 8 cups toasted-rice cereal
- Melt caramels and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Add caramel ice cream topping and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until almost melted.
- Stir in vanilla, 1 tsp of sea salt, and about ⅔ of the caramel mixture. Stir until ingredients are completely combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, a cup at a time, until it's evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray - press down with a spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread the reserved caramel mixture over rice krispie treats. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tsp of the sea salt.
- Let treats cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Enjoy. And try not to eat them all in one sitting.
© 2013 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Wow! Thank you so much for the feature! Heading over right now. :)
Congrats! These yummy treats are one of our featured favorites this week at #TheWednesdayRoundup! I’ve also pinned and yummed them! HOpe to see you back this week w/ another fab post!
April R - Uncookie Cutter says
Wow, yum! I’m a sucker for caramel. What a great combination! I’d love for you to stop by and link up at our new link party, where we actually make the features! Thanks for sharing! https://uncookiecutter.com/2016/02/pineapple-cake-you-link-it-we-make-it-2/
Yum! These sound really good! Thanks for the recipe!
Well these look delicious! I love regular rice krispies but with the addition of caramels, I’m sure they would taste incredible!
Kate F. says
These sound delicious! I’ve really been liking the caramel and sea salt combination.
Yeah, they are definitely not diet friendly…but sometimes desserts are worth the occasional cheating. ;)
Those look and sound delicious! Too bad they don’t quite fit in with the lower carb diet I’m on, but I guess they’ll work for cheat days!