Do you love spinach and artichoke dip as much as I do? This classic recipe is not only easy, but it’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next get-together!
Football, particularly the Big Game that’s coming up later this month – or any other excuse to have a big family and friends get together – is pretty important in my house. As the hostess and master of food ceremonies in my family, most of the cooking for the day falls to me. I love to cook for a crowd, but I also love to have some free time to actually enjoy the festivities.
I like to take a few shortcuts and give the oven (and myself!) a break now and then but still put out tasty and full of flavor snacks. One of my go-to favorites is Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Thick, creamy, and loaded with yumminess, it is always a hit with crackers, chips, bread, and veggies! If you want to bring a prize-winning dish to your next party that won’t keep you chained to the stove for hours but tastes delicious, this Spinach and Artichoke dip is the perfect option.
How to Make Classic Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 10 oz package spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- The easiest and best way I have found to mix all my ingredients well and so that they end up very smooth and creamy is to toss all the ingredients into the bowl of my stand mixer.
- Mix on a medium-high speed until spinach and artichokes have broken down well and all ingredients are completely combined.
- Transfer to your serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. This allows your flavors to blend very well. You could also put it in a hollowed out bread bowl for an edible container (and less cleanup!).
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, fresh veggies, or bread.
Note: the following contains Amazon affiliate links so I can share some awesome products and fun football finds with you!
Make your Spinach and Artichoke Dip stand out even more by serving it in a football stadium chip and dip platter (this is too awesome to pass up!) or decorate the table with general football serving dishes and decorations or go all out for your team by decorating everything in team colors. Have fun with family and friends as you enjoy the Big Game!
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Julie Wood says
I love artichokes and your dip is so pretty and looks so delicious. I will have to bring this along for my 4th of July party. I bet everyone will like it!
Cynthia Rusincovitch says
There are some days where the oven needs to stay off haha I agree with that wholeheartedly! I love this dip it’s one of my favorites. Thanks for linking up with the Delicious Dishes Recipe party!
Me too! I could eat it all the time (but it’s probably better to keep it as a special occasion treat. I appreciate it more that way!)
I love love love spinach and artichoke dip! Totally trying out this recipe! thanks so much for sharing at Merry Monday!