Hey Food Fun Family readers! Kristin from Ro*Tel here… I am excited to be writing for Laura today! Let me tell you a little bit more about myself. I live in the Windy City, aka Chicago, with my dog, Joey. Living in a city with something always happening, on the weekends I like to check out our Museum Campus, a local show at a dive bar or eat at a new restaurant in one of the neighborhoods. You can find me running outside along Lake Shore Drive or lounging on the couch binge-watching Netflix when I am not in the kitchen whipping up one of my favorite recipes for friends and family.
Grilling season is upon us! Nothing gets me more excited for summer than firing up the grill on a brisk spring day. Brats, corn on the cob and veggie shish kabobs are a few of my favorite things to sizzle outside. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, I’m planning to make this simple shrimp taco recipe for my dinner party! As a taco-lover, I am really excited about this zesty avocado and tomato salsa. And the beauty of tacos is that you can use whatever toppings you like!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Grilling spray
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- ½ cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (31/40) with tail, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 white corn tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream and limes for serving
- Spray grate with grilling spray. Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Toss avocado, tomatoes, corn, red onion and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- De-tail shrimp and drizzle with olive oil. Thread shrimp evenly onto metal skewers.
- Combine chili powder, ground cumin and cayenne pepper. Evenly sprinkle spice mixture on shrimp skewers.
- Grill shrimp skewers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Warm up tortillas in the microwave or on a pan over medium-high heat.
- Divide shrimp between warmed tortillas. Top each tortilla with ¼ cup topping mixture. Serve with limes and sour cream.
So easy and simple! Whether you’re hosting a Cinco de Mayo party or a spring cookout, these shrimp tacos can complete your meal. For more tomato recipes, check out Ro*Tel’s site!
Note: This is not a sponsored post.
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.