This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods, LLC. for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Feeding a large family is hard work. I love finding ways that make meal and snack time easier and less time-consuming. That’s exactly what I found with these easy chicken fajita quesadillas I made this weekend using Hormel Premium Chunk Chicken. It has opened my eyes to snacks outside the box. Instead of reaching for sweets, we can reach for filling and tasty snacks that we feel good about.
I have been loving the HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast that I picked up at the grocery store the other day! It’s an easy way to add great-tasting, satisfying protein to our family meals and snacks. I love how Hormel brands make recipes quick, easy, affordable and tasty!
On Friday, I made a family-friendly on-the-go dinner in less than 15 minutes (check out my recipe for Chicken Caesar Salad Pinwheels) and then I brainstormed with my teenage daughters to come up with a tasty and easy-to-prepare school lunch and after-school snack option. We are really trying to snack “outside the box” this year and come up with better solutions for filling up our bellies. I suggested a baked chicken fajita quesadilla and the girls were enthusiastically for it!
I wanted to make sure that I made something that would travel well and taste great (so they eat it instead of waste it). I loved that I could make several quesadillas at once and toss them in a bag in the fridge for the kids to put in their school lunches in the morning.
When the kids get home from school, they’re always hungry. These quesadillas reheat nicely (since we all love love hot, melty cheese) and are and easy snack to grab to fill in that gap between school and dinner time. But they also taste great cold (kind of like a covered slice of chicken fajita pizza) so they’re a perfect sandwich substitute. The best part (for me!) is that I can make so many at once and keep them handy for whenever hunger strikes (and with 5 kids, it strikes often).
Ready to see how easy these quesadillas are to make?
Easy Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 1 can Hormel® Premium Chicken Breast, drained
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray or spread with olive oil. Place half of your tortillas on foil (note: I could only fit 3 quesadillas on my cookie sheet at a time).
- Mix fajita seasoning with drained chicken, shredding the chicken as you mix. Add cilantro and cheese and toss well.
- Place a heaping 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese mixture on top of each tortilla. Carefully spread cheese mixture over over tortillas and cover with another tortilla. Brush olive oil over the top of each tortilla.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then flip each quesadilla. Bake for an additional 2 -3 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, and then cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or just eat plain.
Note: I had a little bit of cheese and chicken mixture left over, so I just topped off each of the quesadillas. Want to try my FAVORITE salsa recipe?
Connect with Hormel:
Hormel would love for you to post your own recipe or ideas on their Facebook or Pinterest pages!
- Pinterest: recipeasyhormel
- Recipeasy FB: hormelrecipeasy
- Hormel FB: hormel.chili
- Twitter: @HormelChili_
Visit the Hormel website for savings and coupons, Hormel Newsletter, recipes, and where to find Hormel Foods near you!
Check out these other simple ingredients and more Easy Recipe Ideas you can make with them:
- Chunk Chicken: https://hormel.com/Brands/PremiumChicken.aspx
- Lloyd’s® meats: https://hormel.com/Brands/Hormel-Lloyds
- Bacon Toppings: https://hormel.com/Brands/BaconToppings.aspx
- Side Dishes: https://hormel.com/sidedishes
What recipes do you want to try to get your family to snack outside the box?
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Julie Wood says
These are really easy to make and look so delicious. I know my son and daughter would love for me to make these. Thanks for sharing and I will be making these fun quesadillas!
Sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.
Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table says
I’m all about some easy healthy recipes that can be both snack and school lunch! Especially when it’s make-ahead because when kids get hungry, they do NOT want to wait ;) This looks like a great go-to for us!